As we are all aware, this has become a very strange time for us all as a community.
Due to the ongoing situation, all funerals for Stockport Crematorium and most others can only be attended by up to 30 mourners (subject to change) and limited members of staff will also be in attendance.
How does this affect the service?
– The deceased may not be able to be carried in to the service by Family, but wheeled or carried in by our staff (subject to change).
– Your loved ones coffin cannot be touched throughout the service.
– The curtains must be closed and not left open at the end.
– Social distancing must be adhered to at all times. Face masks must be worn, unless medically exempt.
– At present we can only have a maximum of 30 people plus a minister or celebrant attending the service.
How does this effect the funeral directors service?
– Our professional levels of service will not slip and we will always continue to give the upmost level of dignity and respect to our clients and deceased.
– We will be able to do arrangements in the funeral home (socially distanced) or over the phone and on FaceTime.
– Only the arranging client and one other member of their bubble can come in to sign paperwork.
– Only one persons from the same household at a time can enter our funeral home to visit loved ones.
– No donation box will be placed out for the the end of a service. if you would like to make a donation, please do this online.
If you do need to come to our office, please ring us first.
We will still be available 24/7 for advice. Please do not hesitate to get in touch through this difficult period.
Stay safe everybody. We can get through this.